1. Name: Heba Rasheed Jbareen
2. Course: biology and biotechnology
3. A levels/ equivalent : chemistry/English/Hebrew/Arabic/statistics/mathematics
4. Journey in 3 words: passion, hard and interesting
5. Briefly describe your course: Biology and Biotechnology major is opportunity to know more about basic units and complex issues from our cells until our brains. The practical part for me is better than theoretical. I've learnt: Biology 1 and 2 with labs, chemistry 1and 2 with labs , organic chemistry and analytical chemistry, biochemistry 1and 2, anatomy and physiology, animal cell culture and palnt cell culture, plant biology and animal biology, tissue engineering, bioinformatics, biological research methods, developmental biology, ecology, molecular, recombinant DNA, genetics, biostatistics, mathematics, cell biology, immunology, and much more important and interesting courses.
6. What motivated you to pursue a career in science: my passion to know more, to find answers for my questions, my love for science and my seeking to make our world better place to live in.
7. Work- Life Balance: time management is the secret for successful work life balance.
8. What advice would you give someone wanting to study the same degree? Be patient and keep your passion high, stay focused and enjoy it, its worthwhile.
9. Did you always want to do your course: actually I studied two years dentistry before being biotechnology and Biology student, but the first time I transferred from dentistry major to biotechnology and Biology major , I knew that it was for me and it's the thing I always wanted to do.
10. What advice would you give on picking universities : take your time, there is no need to rush its an important issue.
11. Has the lack of women In senior roles affected your future career decisions: yes and because of that I want to change it, and I hope to see changes in future and to see more womens in senior roles.
12.Where do you see yourself in 5 years?:Doing my PhD and have alot of publications, researcher and did good impact on our world.