In my search for internships i found it very hard to find places that offered a cohesive list of summer internships for biology students. I've compiled a list and i'll update
it as i find more places.
1. YOUR UNIVERSITY – email lecturers asking if they have the availability to host a student over the summer. Do not focus on the paid aspect, some may host you but without funding – Remember this is invaluable experience to carry out real research.
The places listed below offer a range of lab bases placements from microbiology, genetics, pharmacology etc
2. Wellcome trust -https://wellcome.ac.uk/jobs/summer-internship-programme
3. Francis Crick - https://www.crick.ac.uk/about-us/jobs-and-study/summer-students/
4. LMS – London institute of medical sciences https://lms.mrc.ac.uk/study-here/summer-studentships/undergraduates/
6. Summer bursaries – john ins centre https://www.jic.ac.uk/training-careers/work-experience/17-and-over/summer-vacation-bursaries/
7. John ines centre – Nuffield research placements - https://www.jic.ac.uk/training-careers/work-experience/17-and-over/nuffield-research-placements/
8. Oxford Cardiovascular Centre- http://www.cardioscience.ox.ac.uk/vacation-studentships
1. Cancer research – science communication http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-us/graduates-and-interns/internships
2. Wellcome trust - https://wellcome.ac.uk/jobs/summer-internship-programme
Year in industry( Pharmaceuticals/ Research and development)
1. Reckitt Benckiser - https://www.rb.com/careers/graduates-interns/
2. Mundipharma - https://www.mundipharma.com/careers/current-opportunities/
3. Lubrizol -https://www.lubrizol.com/Careers#studentlearning